NOTE: Wendy’s Amazon wish list has even more stuff — not just books!
Books on CD
prefer unabridged readings; dislike dramatizations
- Agatha Christie mysteries.
- Literary Classics like Jane Eyre, The Jungle Book, Moby Dick, anything by Dickens ….
- Brian Jacques: Any of the Recorded Books Redwall series (unabridged readings). We have High Rhulain and Mariel of Redwall.
- Alexander McCall Smith: The Unbearable Lightness of Scones, The Importance of Being Seven, Bertie Plays the Blues
- Madeleine L’Engle: The Arm of the Starfish, Dragons in the Waters, A House Like a Lotus, An Acceptable Time (Listening Library edition)
- Harry Potter and Half-Blood Prince
- The Muppet Show (seasons 2+ — ours were stolen)
- The Egg and I
- The Harvey Girls
- The Never-Ending Story (all 3)
- Kidnapped (Disney)
- Johnny Tremain (Disney)
- On a Clear Day (with B. Streisand)
Karate and Fitness Gear
- Chinese Fighting Fans (1 is good, 2 would be nice)
- Dragon-pattern bo, 5′ 5″
- Adult XL Sparring Gear, black (need gloves, shin guards, headgear, boots, and mouth-guard)
- FitBit: not sure which one, but would like to track daily activity, steps, sleep, and maybe heart rate. Prefer dark band (black, blue, purple, or grey). Obviously, it will need to sync with a computer, since I don’t have a SmartPhone and have no plans to get one anytime soon.
- Bike rack for 2003 Honda CR-V
- Bicycle for Wendy (rated to 250 pounds and with a comfy seat)
- KitchenAid stand mixer: cobalt blue, same style as Mom’s old one
- L’Heure Bleue by Guerlain, available at Perfume.com
- Subscription to Mental Floss magazine
- Bug-A-Salt gun (coz Nathan’s is just too awesome)
(prefer hardcover unless otherwise noted)
- Any of Peter Tremayne’s “Sister Fidelma” mysteries (Have Dancing with Demons.)
- The Outlaw’s Tale, The Bishop’s Tale, The Murderer’s Tale, The Maiden’s Tale, The Bastard’s Tale, by Margaret Frazer
- Any of Candace Robb’s “Owen Archer” mysteries
- Anything by Piers Anthony
- Anything by Dorothy Sayers
- Anything by Anne McCaffrey
- The Dragonlovers’ Guide to Pern, by Jody Lynn Nye
- The People of Pern, by Robin Wood
- The Atlas of Pern, by Karen Wynn Fonstad
- The Oxford English Dictionary
- Any of the No. 1 Ladies’ Detective Agency or Scotland Street books [by Alexander McCall Smith] (have Miracle at Speedy Motors and Full Cupboard of Life)
- Any first-edition by Gerald Durrell
- Any first-edition by Grace Livingston Hill
Those expensive little things that I love and can never have too much of ….
- Numi Organic Chocolate Pu-Erh tea (here or at Sprouts)
- Mighty Leaf Organic African Nectar tea (here or at Cordova Market. Sometimes at Fresh Market and Sprouts)
- Cote d’Or Noir de Noir chocolate (here or at Fresh Market)
- Essence of Vali Sleep essential oil concentrate (here or on Amazon)
- Artisana nut butter packets: Pecan and cashew are my favorites, but I also like walnut and almond. (here or at Sprouts)
- Essential oils: especially lavender, peppermint, bergamot, thieves, eucalyptus, tea tree, frankincense, and myrrh. Beeyoutiful, Now, Kuumba Made, and Aura Cacia are reliable brands. (I like to order from Beeyoutiful because the owners are friends of mine.)
- Gift cards for Panera Bread, Gus’s Fried Chicken, Raw Girls food trucks, Chick-fil-A, Einstein Bagels, Amazon, Wal-Mart, Jamberry Nails, and Sprouts are always welcome.